Monday, July 21, 2008

In the Beginning

So I will fully admit that I am not the world's greatest typist or writer. And with a soon to be very hectic schedule, I can't guarantee a regular posting. My hope is to use this as a way to keep in touch with all my friends and family, wherever they may be (California, Georgia, Europe or even Korea).

Here is a quick summary of recent events: After graduating vet school and getting married, I have continued my veterinary training in the realm of small animal surgery (ie dogs and cats only). About 2 weeks ago, Justin and I moved from California to Ohio. Actually, just outside of Columbus Ohio. Next week, I start my new surgery residency at a large private practice in the area.

This is the first time that Justin and I have lived outside of California. I believe the next 3 years will be a time of many firsts: driving in the snow, learning about thunder storms in the summer, surgical training, emergency surgery, and of course The Ohio State University.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOOT! GA got a shout out. VERY cool! Can't wait to see you guys, hopefully we'll be able to work something out when we're in Louisville the end of September. {{{HUGS}}} and welcome to the land of "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes, it'll change"

Love ya,
~Katy

jamie said...

I'm excited for you, Becky! We are going to miss you on Thursday, but you can rest assured that only like two people actually read the book... :)

missdgibson@gmail.com said...

HI!!! Love your blog, super cute puppy!!!!!!!