Thursday, July 24, 2008

Cha Ching!

Everyone always told us that it would be expensive to own a home. And you so you sit down and look at the cost of the mortgage, down payment amount, utilities, etc and you think okay, we can do this!

In the past two weeks, Justin and I have had a running joke that we can't seem to leave a store paying less than $100 for the stuff we had to have. Whether its Costco, Target, Lowes, Linens and Things (going out of business sale), and then another trip to Lowes, we couldn't seem to lower the final tally. Seriously, it is ridiculous how much paint, brushes, screws and bath mats add up to! Obviously, I expected the Costco run to be expensive, but it was a new personal record at $400 ($100 spent on the TV wall mount, but our TV does look awesome over the fireplace)! Yesterday I finally broke the record when I went into Petsmart for a second kitty litter box and then into OfficeMax for my wireless network thingy and came out under $100 both times.

Seriously, I need to start working so I will stop spending money! For all you of you out there that own a home I am sure you are nodding and smiling and my innocence. And for all my friends that are considering buying, or just got married like Rochelle and hope to have the money for a down payment, don't forget about the no interest credit card for all these purchases! It really comes in handy!

Hope you all are having a wonderful day!

PS--Another first for me: I mowed our lawn. Of course, our little electric lawn mower couldn't complete our whole yard! That is okay though, I think the wild rabbits that live in the back yard appreciate that we have the overgrown yard in the neighborhood!

No comments: